Bank of America Merrill Lynch, London
EMEA Managed Print Service Program Management
Deploying a ‘Managed Print Service’ across the EMEA region, consolidating printers, scanners and faxes across Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Global Program budget $10M
- Managed the program for this infrastructure project leading a team of project managers and HP engineers across design, testing, implementation, documentation and transition to support to ITIL standards.
- Established a new HP support team to provide onsite ‘Feed and Water’, as part of the service improvement process that was captured during Trading and back office client engagements.
- Provided governance over the project’s communication, client engagements and delivery.
- Reduced print volume by 31% post optimisation and a further 10% post ‘New BAC’ initiatives leading to a further $1M reduction in annual run rate. Improved the end user experience and ensured the highest operational standard (Best-in-Class) in a product across the Bank’s global range.
Infrastructure Project Management
Delivered complex large-scale, end-to-end Telecoms, IT, Facilities and Infrastructure change projects. Additionally, provided consultancy on data centre design, system rooms and IT infrastructure.
- Headquarters Build Out – Designed and implemented an enterprise IT infrastructure that supported the expansion of over 3000 Front and Back office employees across ten new floors in the headquarters building in Canary Wharf. Budget $21M
- Integrated with a larger construction led program office as the key interface for the Bank’s technical teams.
- Designed and managed the implementation of an N+1, Tier 3 Data Centre with 420 cabinets and 20 system rooms with up to 21 cabinets each.
- Negotiated outsourced IT cabling contracts that delivered leading edge infrastructure backbone to allow for future expansion for the Bank’s growing trading floor requirements.
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery – Delivered an FSA regulatory requirement for the implementation of a consolidated DR site for front office staff. Budget $1.2M
- Documented requirements, justifications and secured funding from Senior Leadership for the project.
- Managed the Desktop, Voice, Security, Server, Network, AV and Print teams to design and implement a strategic solution to support the Bank’s Traders in the event of an emergency with access to their profiles and home space.
- Cisco VoIP – Delivered Cisco VoIP technology to the desktop, initially through the implementation of a trial in the UK, then throughout Branches across Europe over two years. Budget $400k
- Drove network and telecoms teams to design, build and test working solutions to replace the aging and non-supported PABX infrastructure throughout EMEA.
- EMEA Branch Relocations – Relocated EMEA branches and upgraded contingency sites. Budget $2M
- Ensured successful design, implementation and delivery of system rooms, cabling infrastructure, desktop and print, network, voice and security for the new buildings. Planning for the restack of staff from the old to the new building.
- Interface between the Customer and Corporate Workplace enforcing Bank standards.
- Established disaster recovery and business continuity plans to ensure information security.